Friday 21 February 2014

New pop diva has a message for parents

Budding singer and banker, Shola Odekunle, says her latest single entitled, ‘Baba Omo’, is not intended to hurt or incite but to inform and educate.
The singer, who is otherwise known as Arewa, says the track can best be described as an advice to irresponsible parents to turn a new leaf.
“The message is simple: parents must be there to watch their kids grow, come what may. My target audience is no way streamlined, as the track is not limited to just fathers, but parents and guardians.”
Although a trained lawyer, Arewa makes a living in the corporate world of banking. However, she notes that music is a natural calling for her. On the inspiration behind her music, the singer says, “My music can be likened to an abstract art, because it is largely influenced by my environment and the experiences of people around me. My stage name clearly captures my style of music. I sing inspirational songs about serious topics which are however presented in a light and usually funny manner.”


No comments:

Post a Comment