Friday 21 February 2014

Nigeria’s and CHAN MVP Ejike Uzoenyi‪, joins Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa

The South African Premier League club, Mamelodi Sundowns, has signed Nigeria’s Ejike Uzoenyi on a four-year contract, the club announced on Thursday.‬
‪According to the official website of Sundowns, Uzoenyi will join the team in June.
Ejike Uzoenyi was the Most Valuable Player, MVP, at the recently concluded African Nations Championship, CHAN 2014, in South Africa. The forward said he is excited to have concluded the deal.‬
‪“Joining a club like Sundowns is a great deal for me because their ambitions to conquer Africa are in line with my career objectives as a player,” Ejike told the club website.‬
‪“The other thing that made me join the club is that Coach Pitso had a chat with me before I joined and we had a discussion about his plans for me and I feel that I’m ready for the challenge.”
The Enugu Rangers left winger was the top star at CHAN, where his goals helped Nigeria to finish third.‬
‪Last year, he played briefly for Rennes, a French club.

No comments:

Post a Comment